Rock-A-Bye, Baby Jesus ~ Joan Clifton Costner


Rock-A-Bye, Baby Jesus 



(A Song)

She was sitting by the window,

Underneath the Christmas tree

(Hair all shiny, voice so tiny);

Little rocker from age three.
She was singing to her dolly

She held, oh, so tenderly;

Little mother, like one other,

Rocking Jesus, I could see:
"Rock-a-bye, now, baby Jesus. 

Rock-a-bye and have sweet dreams. 

Rock-a-bye my sweet and precious,

Sleeping in the moonlight beams."
What a tender, profound moment! 

(She was unaware of me.)

When I saw her kiss her dolly,

I bent down upon my knees.
"Rock-a-bye, now, baby Jesus. 

Rock-a-bye. You're safe and warm. 

Rock-a-bye, now, don't You worry. 

I will keep You safe from harm."
So, my prayer was silent, humble,

"Lord, in my life, let it be. 

In the deepest part of my heart

Let me keep that place for Thee!"
Rock-a-bye, my precious Jesus. 

Even now, the world is blind. 

No more Baby, but a Savior

Living in this heart of mine!
"Rock-a-bye, now, baby Jesus. 

Rock-a-bye. You're safe and warm. 

Rock-a-bye, now. Don't You worry. 

I will keep You safe from harm!"


© 2003 by Joan Clifton Costner





Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

Comments