Daddy’s Christmas Story


 Daddy’s Christmas Story

4/4

Mama told the cutest Christmas stories,
I liked the way that Rudolph led the team;
And Grandma told of sugar-cookie kitchens,
And the way they used to trim their Christmas tree;
But Daddy always told me stories about Jesus,
Of a star that shown above a stable-bed;
Of the angels singing "Glory to the Father!"
And a manger where sweet Jesus laid His head.
*Mama said ‘twas time for deeds of kindness,
And the fire blazed warm and friendly ‘round our hearth;
And Grandma helped with twinkling eyes, so merry!
But Daddy’s story was the sweetest one on earth!
For Daddy always told us stories about Jesus,
Of a star that shown above a stable bed;
Of the angels singing, "Glory to the Father!"
And a manger where sweet Jesus laid his head.
(*Piano plays 2nd verse as background for talk)
You know, those stories are still special today....I guess little Rudolph
will forever pull Ol’ Santa’s sleigh....And my! ..How wonderful a kitchen
full of Christmas baking smells...But one thing is far more precious than
all these "traditions" ... and that’s the Real Reason for Christmas...
That marvelous story...that my Daddy loved to tell....
(sing) And Daddy’s story’s still the sweetest one on earth!,,,,
Slower...
Now I’m grown,...my children in the evening....
Love the Christmas stories everybody tells....
But just like me, the one that leaves them glowing....
Is the story that my Daddy loved to tell....
Yes, Daddy always told us stories about Jesus....
How He came from Heav’n to earth for you and me (you and me)
(Solo) And He bled and died to purchase our redemption
oooooooooooooooooooooooo
When He hung upon the world’s first Christmas tree....
My Daddy always told us stories about Jesus,
Of a star that shone above a stable bright,
Of the angels singing "Peace on earth, good tidings" -
And sweet baby Jesus born on Christmas night....
And sweet baby Jesus born on Christmas night......


Joan Clifton Costner 12-8-78
http://underhiswings0.tripod.com


Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

Comments