Yes, Twas The Night



Yes, Twas The Night:

Twas the night before Christmas
And oh, what a spouse
He'd hidden my present
Somewhere in the house.

The closets were bursting
With so much to wear
I searched and I searched
I couldn't find it there.

The drawers were so full
That they couldn't be shut
I looked and I ransacked
And I'm not sure for what.

And me, so excited and not able to sleep
Just wanted one chance to find my present and peek
When all of a sudden the clock started to chime
If I couldn't find my present I would loose my mind.

But then came a thought
It was so loud and clear
I had lost sight of Christmas
What happened this year?

I sprang from my bed and ran down the stairs
Ran into the parlor and cried many tears
I quick found my Bible and kneeled down to pray
How did it happen? I'd lost Christmas that day.

The Nativity lay there
Nestled under the tree
Silently speaking
A message to me.

I asked God's forgiveness
I had seen the Light
It's the birth of our Savior
Now all else seems right.


Linda T. Reich



Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

Comments