My Christmas Tree ~ Joan Clifton Costner

Source: unskinnyboppy.blogspot.com via Andrea on Pinterest
My Christmas Tree

I love my shining Christmas tree -
And Jesus loves it too,
Because He knows what it means to me;
I’ll share that now with you...
Atop my shining tree I place a
Star to shine out bright,
Reminding me of Wise Men who
Were led by His star’s light.
And there within the branches
Many strands of light are curled -
Symbolic that it’s still His truth
That lights a darkened world!
A wooden manger was His bed
When shepherds came to see -
And wooden toys and tools He saw
While He played at Joseph’s knee.
His hands in youth, were taught to train
The wood the way to bend -
And from a wooden ship He called
Some men to follow Him.
He laid upon a wooden ship,
A pillow ‘neath His head,
The night the raging storm arose
And "Peace, be still" was said.
At last He laid upon the wood,
While wood thorns pierced His brow,
And let the ugly scars be made -
So precious to me now.
...Nails in His hands and in His feet
Brought blood that paid the price -
A WOODEN cross could not but hold
The price of Paradise !
...I cherish, yes, my Christmas tree -
With shining lights above,
Because each branch, each trimming pieceReminds me ... of God’s Love.



Joan Clifton Costner
Copyright

http://underhiswings0.tripod.com















Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved



The Christmas Tree Narrative 
- Easy setup to adapt to your Children's Ministry. It does not necessarily need a rehearsal. 


Food Craft


Rice Christmas Trees

I wasn't sure whether to put this one in the recipe section or in the craft section. So if you consider this a recipe well, your right, but I used this as a craft at my daughters Christmas/Birthday party and it was a real hit.
So using Rice Krispies or a generic rice cereal here it is.
Ingredients:
  • 5 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1/4 cup margarine or butter
  • 4 cups mini-marshmallows or 6-10 oz. bag of regular marshmallows
  • 10 - 12 regular size marshmallows
  • Toothpicks
  • Green food coloring
  • Red cinnamon candies, M&Ms, or any other small colorful candies
Directions
  1. Melt margarine in a 3 qt. saucepan
  2. Add 4 cups marshmallows
  3. Cook over low heat stirring constantly till syrupy
  4. Remove from heat
  5. Add green food coloring till a fairly dark green color.
  6. Add cereal and stir until well coated
  7. Shape into conical forms with buttered hands (kids LOVE to do this part, but make sure the mixture is not too hot)
  8. When cooled Decorate with colorful candies
  9. One note don't expect the tree to be beautiful when children are making them. Usually they are on their way to being eaten on the spot!

Comments