Christmas! ~ Joan Clifton Costner





Tears....tears...tears....thank God for
Christmas!
"Very Special Hours"

The stars shone down so softly as
You slept upon my breast;
The hay, within the manger, made
a clean, sweet smelling, nest.
The moon beams touched your tiny face.
I sat enthralled, enraptured,
To realize the grace, this night,
Such softness had so captured!
I wanted so to tell the earth
The things I knew were true.
I wanted, too, to hold You close;
Keep all away from You.
We had waited, all expectant, but were
Stunned to see Your precious face!
Then, shepherds came and we wondered
How they found this little place.
I want to make this timeless,
Never go on to tomorrow,
Just hold You close and claim as mine ~
Excluding future sorrow.
For change is quick and I just want
To hold this night forever,
Never come to days apart or
Relationships that sever.
So, holding close, I'll sing my
Baby song to You;
Feel You cuddle close and hear
The special sounds You do ...
The little sighs, the resting breath,
The flutter of Your eyelids;
The faint and tender cooing and
The circle of Your lips.
I said it once, but this is more ~
I'm blest beyond all measure;
A tiny son with beauty rare,
A real and present treasure!
When time is gone and earth has passed,
Melted with men's rages,
This treasured night will still remain ~
Hope for all the ages.






© 2003 by Joan Clifton Costner


Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "treasurebox18@yahoo.com" All Rights Reserved

Comments