Search This Blog


April 9, 2011

How Many Children? - By: Susan Y Nikitenko

How Many Children?

By: Susan Y Nikitenko
December 9, 2010

While standing looking out my window;
An early Christmas snow is falling.
And I know that very, very soon;
Family loved ones will be calling.

I see the cardinals and the blue jays;
Shining like Christmas bulbs in the trees.
A natural kind of decoration;
On the wintry slopes of fantasies.

My mind wanders into Christmas past;
And the many joys as a small girl.
With my brother and both my sisters;
A giggling Christmas and bows with swirls.

Animated fun and spins spun;
Snowflakes of many shapes and sizes.
Pretty frosted cookies with sprinkles.
Stockings filled with goodies and prizes.

The stories of Christmas imagined;
Like frosty gliding across the snow.
And the old cartoons of yesteryear;
And not to mention the mistletoe.

The story of Jesus being born;
And all the Christmas angels singing.
Christmas costumes, halos, wings and robes;
Roles to play and Christmas bells ringing.

Childhood memories and laughter parade;
In the painted pictures of my mind.
all those special moments and smiles;
I've seemed to forget and left behind.

Like curling up on my daddy's lap;
hugging my favorite teddy bear.
My mother's warm comfort , love and care;
In just taking time to comb and curl my hair.

The feeling of love in a child's heart;
When time and attention is given.
That feeling of I'm special, I'm loved;
And when I mess up I'm forgiven.

I hope my children know their so loved;
And that they are loved, no matter what.
And that my door is always open;
And that my heart, though hurt, won't shut.

How many children must long after love;
But have no mother to console them?
How many children only have fear;
Because daddy is drinking again?

How many children are without Christmas;
Without stockings, without shoes or care?
How many children have no bears to hug;
How many children have no one there?

I have loved ones coming for Christmas;
and I have childlike memories to share.
In my smallest years I've had comfort;
In the arms of a mom and dad who cared.

Children with hungry souls and minds;
Hungering for a mothers affection;
Need Christmas dreams and times of laughter;
And belly's filled with satisfaction.

Needing Christmas joys and Christmas toys;
Coats with buttons, with scarves and some gloves;
Exciting stories of Christmas day;
Memories, comfort, and plenty of love.

How many children? How many?

Poetry On This Site Can Be Freely Used For Christian Bible Centered Non-Profit Ministries And must Remain Unchanged In Any Way. All Other Purposes Are With Permission Only. You May Make Requests At "" All Rights Reserved

My Blog List

There was an error in this gadget

Popular Posts

Christmas Poems

Christmas Poems
Dig For Goodies

A Christmas Poem

Christmas Games